Now that my blog had a complete make over and where soon new inspiration projects will be share.. I want to share something else with you: the best Chai tea recipe EVER!
Chai tea finds its origin in Asia and is also know as ‘Indian Chai’ tea. You can buy this as a latte at your local coffee shop, because the base of this tea is milk in stead of water. Either way tastes good and it is SO EASY to make yourself.
Ingredients for 100 grams Chai tea
- 13 grams cinnamon sticks
- 8 grams licorice pieces
- 8 grams dried ginger pieces
- 1 grams cardamom seeds (the tiny seed inside the pods)
- 1 grams cloves
- 31 grams fennel seeds
- 38 grams anise seeds
I bought a lot of my ingredient online. If you can find Cinnamon sticks from Ceylon, buy those! Ceylon is an area in Asia, so I figured these are the ones to add to your tea mix.
- Something to store your tea in.
- Tea filter bags
- Weigh your ingredients.
- Remove the tiny seeds from your cardamom pits and put them into the mortar. Also add your cloves. Squeeze them smaller with your mortar, but stop before it turns into powder! The cardamom seeds are already small, but the aromas will be free after.
- Break the cinnamon sticks into smaller pieces.
- Mix all ingredients together. You can use a bigger mixing bowl to do this.
- Put everything in a small pot to keep it fresh.
- Boil some water of heat up some milk, put a teaspoon in a tea filter bag and enjoy!